Workshop Ferrara 2016
- 1 6th Workshop CityGML Energy ADE - Ferrara (Italy), 23-25 November 2016
- 2 Participants' list
- 3 Minutes and presentations of the meeting
- 4 Workshop Organization
6th Workshop CityGML Energy ADE - Ferrara (Italy), 23-25 November 2016
The list of all participants can be downloaded as pdf files at the following links:
Minutes and presentations of the meeting
The minutes and the pdf files of the presentations of the EnergyADE Workshop can be accessed here
Aim of the workshop
With the support of Interreg Central Europe, OGC and SIG3D, Sinergis and Sipro will host a joint workshop regarding the development of a CityGML Application Domain Extension (ADE). This extension, named Energy ADE, extends the existing CityGML information model and aims at defining standardised energy-related features and attributes needed, for example, for building energy simulation purposes at city scale.
The workshop will be the opportunity to gather requirements, ideas, suggestions, and experiences from CityGML users, data producers, software vendors, and scientists developing and using the CityGML Energy Application Domain Extension.
The goal of this workshop is to discuss the Energy ADE milestones, the updates for the next Energy ADE release, the open issues, as well as all issues regarding compatibility of the recent release and the related work. And, most importantly, to bring together experts from different disciplines to share experiences and contribute with constructive input to further develop the Energy ADE.
This is the 6th Energy ADE workshop and it represents a follow-up of the previous ones held in Vienna, Munich, Sophia Antipolis, Karlsruhe and Stuttgart.
Agenda and Addressed Topics
This is a short version of the agenda, please refer to the Agenda of the Workshop for precise information.
- Wednesday, 23 November 2016 (pre-workshop)
- 09:00-18:00 CitiEnGov project meeting (restricted to project partners, at SIPRO premises - Via Cairoli 13)
- Thursday, 24 November 2016
- 09:00-09:30 Arrival of the participants, catching up with one another
- 09:30-13:00 Welcome and training seminar on “CityGML practical examples and the Energy ADE” (open to CitiEnGov project partners and other external stakeholders)
- 13:00-14.00 Lunch break
- 14:00-15:00 State of art of Energy ADE
- 15:00-17:30 Energy ADE report on previous 6 months and current state of development, updates from the Energy ADE Workging Groups
- Friday, 25 November 2016
- 09:30-11:30 Presentations of Applications/Simulations/Parallel projects
- 11:30-11:45 Coffee break.
- 11:45-13:00 Next steps towards Energy ADE 1.0, dissemination activities, next workshop
- 13:00-14.00 Lunch break
- 14:00-15:30 Recap and brainstorming organised by group leaders
Who should participate
If you are a CityGML user, data producer, software vendor or a scientist working on energy topics based on CityGML, you are encouraged to participate in the workshop.
If you are involved in simulations but not yet familiar with CityGML and interested in an interoperable and compatible exchange model for city simulations you are also welcome.
The organizers will contact a number of individuals and groups from which they know about their CityGML activities in the energy sector and ask them for presentations.
If you are developers/users of urban energy simulation models, we would like also to ask you 2-3 slides about the energy simulation model (which physical model? is it a standard?), the data model (UML Schema) and the possible building data libraries you used. Please send us these slides before November, 10th (Piergiorgio Cipriano ).
Because of the number of active participants, unfortunately we will not have enough time for a presentation from each participant about their recent developments on urban energy model. We rather want to privilege an open discussion afternoon. Nevertheless, if you want to send us presentations (pdf format) relevant for the common development of a CityGML Energy ADE, we will release them on the wiki of SIG3D.
Registration is necessary. Please send a mail with Name / Company / Mail Adress to Piergiorgio Cipriano.
Be aware that the number of participants is limited to 40 people. Deadline for registration: 2016-11-21.
Costs of participation
The event is sponsored by Sinergis and SIPRO. Hence, participation is free of charge including coffee breaks. Costs for travel and accommodation, as well as the social dinner will be at the participant's own expense.
|Greg Buehler||Open Geospatial Consortium|
|Egbert Casper||SIG 3D of the Geodata Infrastructure Germany|
For any questions regarding the workshop, please contact Piergiorgio Cipriano.