From SIG3D Energy Wiki EN
1st Workshop ADE Energy - Stuttgart, 27th of May 2014
| First proposals Energy ADE
| R. Kaden - Draft Energy ADE of TU Munich
- Main features of this EnergyADE
This EnergyADE is "EnEV-conform" (EnEV = German thermal regulation). The present scope is only the calculation of space heating and cooling demand
Modeling decision: The thermal hull is modelled separately from the existing boundary surfaces of CityGML, so as to be fully independant of the CityGML LOD and be able to model complex thermal hull (attic storey and cellar partly heated etc.)
The data model follows fully the required inputs from the EnEV algorithm (8 facade surface area for the orientations N, NE, E, SE etc...).
Why don't you keep the full information concerning the boundary surface orientations?
Why should the EnergyADE be restricted to this German regulation?
| R. Nouvel - Draft EnergyADE of project SimStadt
- Main features of this EnergyADE
This EnergyADE is designed first for steady state simulation (yearly, monthly balance) but may be extended for dynamical simulation (hourly time step). The present scope is only the calculation of space heating / cooling and domestic hot water demand
Modeling decision: The thermal shell/hull is integrated into the existing boundary surfaces of CityGML, with the introduction of new thermal parameters (thermalBoundarySurfaceAboveGround, thermalBoundarySurfaceUnderGround, sharedSurfaceArea etc.). The new object "BuildingUnit" is introduced as reference simulation object. It can be either a CityGML Building, a CityGML BuildingPart, or possibly CityGML Room in the case of LOD4. The EnergyADE is connected to building libraries (construction, windows, usage etc...).
Where do you store your simulation results or measured consumption data? Answer: in the EnergyUse class.
How does it work with the CityGML LOD1 which has no BoundarySurface? Answer: New Boundary Surface objects are created.
| Open discussion
| What is the scope of the EnergyADE ?
- calculation of all building energy demands (with physical and statistical models), energy generation and energy supply.
- Modelling of Building Physics, HVAC Systems inside the building (geometrical information not necessary), HVAC controls and set-points, Building usage and occupants (maybe later outsourced into a BuildingOccupantADE).
- should allow a plurality of building simulation models adapted to city scale (steady state energy balance, simplified dynamical simulation etc.)
- The CityGML EnergyADE should be a Building Information Model (BIM) like IFC, but in comparison to the latter format, it should tackle city scale energy issues, considering not only the buildings but also energy infrastructure, urban forms, streets, vegetations and other urban objects.
| Modelling of energy infrastructure (District Heating System etc.)?
- For the modelling of urban energy network, it exists already data model (specific data model of network simulation softwares and the CityGML UtilityNetworksADE, which could be integrated into the CityGML 3.0 standard being redesigned). Then, no urban energy infrastructure modelling is necessary into the EnergyADE (which focus on building energy). For the connection between the EnergyADE and the network model, connection points (network substations and heat exchangers) are necessary to link the buildings to specified networks.
| Which parameters should we store for the HVAC systems in CityGML, e.g. to match the different data requirements of the different HVAC models?
- List of standard parameters (nominal power, efficiency, seasonal efficiency etc.) + generic parameters specific to the different models.
| Should we import/convert/store everything into CityGML?
- No common answer for the moment. Should be tested.
| Working groups
- Group Building Physics and Materials : K-H Häfele, R. Kaden, M. Lauster, R. Nouvel
Synchronised with development of CityGML 3.0 on Materials.
- Group HVAC systems and urban energy infrastructure : R. Nouvel, E. Duminil, D. Monien, M. Lauster, D. Perez
- Group Building Occupant : R. Nouvel, E. Munoz, J.-M. Bahu
See also projects "extra-Energy" around. May lead to a "Building occupant ADE".
- Group Metadata and scenarios : D. Perez, R. Nouvel