Workshop Delft 2018
10th Workshop on the CityGML Energy ADE, 6/7 December 2018
Aim of the workshop
The OGC CityGML SWG, the SIG 3D and the
Delft University of Technology
will host a joint workshop regarding the development of a CityGML Application Domain Extension (ADE). This extension, named Energy ADE, extends the existing CityGML information model and defines standardised energy-related features and attributes needed, for example, for bottom-up building energy simulation purposes at city scale. The Energy ADE has reached version 1.0 during the first half of 2018.
The workshop will be the opportunity to gather further requirements, ideas, suggestions, and experiences from CityGML users, data producers, software vendors, and scientists developing and using the CityGML Energy ADE.
The goal of this workshop is to discuss about the Energy ADE milestones, possible updates and improvements, but, most importantly, it will offer the chance to bring together experts from different disciplines in order to share experiences and contribute with constructive input to the further adoption and development of the Energy ADE.
Reports on experiences from usage of the Energy ADE, strengths and shortcomings, as well as constructive feedback are more than welcome in the workshop!
The 10th Energy ADE workshop is adirect follow-up of the previous workshops. The last one took place at the RWTH Aachen University in Aachen, Germany.
Agenda and addressed topics
This is a preliminary agenda of the workshop. The detailed one will be published soon.
- Wednesday, 5 December 2018 (OPTIONAL*)
- 10:00-12:30 Crash course on CityGML (see later)
- 14:00-16:30 Crash course on the Energy ADE (see later)
- Thursday, 6 December 2018
- 09:30-10:00 Arrival and registration of the participants, morning coffee
- 10:00-13:00 Welcome by the organizers, report on previous 6 months and current state of development
- 14:00-18:00 Presentations of Applications/Simulations/Parallel projects and discussion
- 19:30 Social dinner in a restaurant in Delft (TBD)
- Friday, 7 December 2018
- 09:00-13:00 Presentations of Applications/Simulations/Parallel projects and discussion.
- 14:00-16:00 Open issues and brainstorming regarding next steps.
* Please note: For participants with little or no previous experience with CityGML and/or the Energy ADE, an introductory "Crash course on CityGML and/or the Energy ADE" will take place on Wednesday 5 December. However, the crash course will be organized only if there are at least 10 attendees (maximum 30!). If you want to register for the crash course, please refer to the details given later on in section "Registration".
Who should participate
If you are a CityGML user, data producer, software vendor or a scientist working on energy topics at urban scale, you are heartily encouraged to participate in the workshop.
If you are involved in simulations but not yet familiar with CityGML and interested in an interoperable and compatible exchange model for city simulations you are also welcome.
If you are a developer/user of urban energy simulation models or a user of the Energy ADE, and you would like to contribute presenting some slides about your Energy ADE-related experiences with modelling, data or applications, please contact the local organizers (Giorgio Agugiaro and Kavisha)
Additionally, we will contact a number of individuals and groups from which they know about their CityGML activities in the energy sector and ask them for presentations.
Registration is necessary. Please register by filling out the Doodle. Be aware that the number of participants is limited.
Deadline for the Workshop registration is 15 November 2018.
Additionally, if you are interested in participating in the "crash course" on CityGML and/or Energy ADE, please register here.
Deadline for the crash course registration is 15 November 2018.
For further information, please contact the local organizers via mail (Giorgio Agugiaro and Kavisha).
Costs of participation
The event is kindly sponsored by TU Delft. Hence, participation is free of charge including coffee breaks. Costs for travel and accommodation, as well as the social dinner on Thursday 6 December will be at the participant's own expense.
|Giorgio Agugiaro||3D Geoinformation Group, TU Delft|
|Kavisha||3D Geoinformation Group, TU Delft|
|Greg Buehler||Open Geospatial Consortium|
|Egbert Casper||SIG 3D of the Spataial Data Infrastructure Germany|
Contact and logistics