Workshop Aachen 2018
9th Joint SIG 3D and OGC Workshop - CityGML ADE for building energy calculation (Energy ADE)
Minutes and presentations of the meeting
The minutes and presentations of the EnergyADE Workshop can be accessed here
Aim of the workshop
The OGC CityGML SWG, the SIG 3D and the RWTH Aachen will host a joint workshop regarding the development and application of a CityGML ADE for building energy calculation (CityGML EnergyADE). It will be the opportunity to gather requirements, ideas, suggestions, and positive as well as negative experience from CityGML users, data producers, software vendors, and scientists developing and using the CityGML Energy Application Domain Extension. Aim of this workshop is to discuss the experiences with the harmonized version of a CityGML EnergyADE, further needs and other development tools like libraries for wide spread use in the development of applications in the energy sector and the discussion of working results already reached.
In the recent years many research groups, companies, and users intensively worked with CityGML on energy topics. In order to promote the use of CityGML in the energy sector e.g. for individual, quarter wide or city wide computations and simulations a coordinated and harmonized version of a EnergyADE has been developed. Participants are invited to communicate their experience with the EnergyADE in short presentations and to introduce their concept or needs for modifications and share their experience gained from practical application of the EnergyADE in projects.
Agenda and Addressed Topics
- Tuesday, 26th June 2018
- 09:00 - 09:30 : Welcome Coffee
- 09:30 - 09:45 : Introduction of the chairs and the participants
- 09:45 - 10:45 : Introduction to the Energy ADE Version - 1.0
- Coffee Break
- 11:00 - 12:00 : Methodologies of producing Energy ADE data
- 12:00 - 12:30 : Review and discussion of documentation (specifications, definitions, feature catalog, publications)
- Lunch Break
- 13:30 - 15:00: Present sample data / test scenarios & discussion
- Coffee Break
- 15:30 - 16:00: E.ON Energy Research Center Tour
- 16:00 - 16:30: CityGML Metadata ADE
- 16:30 - 17:00: Conclusions and next steps
- 19:30 : Joint Dinner at the Restaurant LivingRoom. The directions here Restaurant LivingRoom
- Wednesday, 27th June 2018
- 08:30 - 09:00 : Welcome Coffee
- 09:00 - 11:00 : Tools and Applications using Energy ADE
- Coffee break
- 11:15 - 11:40 : Brief introduction to the IBPSA Project 1
- 11:40 - 12:00 : Brief overview on the SUMERA COST Proposal
- 12:00 - 12:30 : Presentation by BuildZero Group
- Lunch Break
- 13:30 - 14:30 : Deployment strategy: Where to advertise it?
- 14:30 - 15:00 : Conclusions and Next Steps
Who should participate
If you are a CityGML user, data producer, software vendor or a
scientist working on energy topics based on CityGML, you are encouraged to
participate in the workshop.
If you are involved in simulations but not yet familiar with CityGML and interested in an interoperable and compatible exchange model for city simulations you are also welcome.
The organizers will contact a number of individuals and groups from which they know about their CityGML activities in the energy sector and ask them for presentations soon if not done.
If you are developers/users of urban energy simulation models or user of the EnergyADE, we would like also to ask you 2-3 slides about your experiences with the model, data or applications.
Because of the number of active participants, we won’t have enough time unfortunately for a presentation from each participant about its recent developments on urban energy model. We rather want to privilege an open discussion after noon. Nevertheless, if you want to send us presentations (pdf format) relevant for the common development of a CityGML ADE Energy, we will release them on this wiki.
Registration is necessary. Please register on: https://terminplaner.dfn.de/foodle.php?id=we19ezpm637jdd21
Deadline for registration: 11. June 2018.
Costs of participation
The event is sponsored. Hence,
participation is free of charge including coffee breaks and a lunch buffet.
Costs for travel and accommodation will be at the participants own expense.
|Avichal Malhotra||E3D, RWTH Aachen University|
|Marco Wirtz||E.ON ERC, RWTH Aachen University|
|Greg Buehler||Open Geospatial Consortium|
|Egbert Casper||SIG 3D of the Spataial Data Infrastructure Germany|