Workshop Sophia Antipolis 2015
3rd Joint SIG 3D and OGC Workshop - CityGML ADE for building energy calculation (Energy ADE)
Minutes of the meeting
Action Items (May 2015 - Nov. 2015)
|Reorganize Wiki for only public communication purpose||R. Nouvel/E. Casper|
|Register on GitHub to participate on the revision process,
and ask Olivier the access right to the repository cstb/citygml-energy
|Fill the documentation table and write best practice documents related to each WG||All WGs|
|Discuss required updates of each Energy ADE modules and send revision requests to TC||WG coordinators|
|Release a new Energy ADE||TC|
Aim of the workshop
The OGC CityGML SWG, the SIG 3D and the Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment (CSTB) will host a joint workshop regarding the development and application of a CityGML ADE for building energy calculation (CityGML EnergyADE). It will be the opportunity to gather requirements, ideas, suggestions, and positive as well as negative experience from CityGML users, data producers, software vendors, and scientists developing and using the CityGML Energy Application Domain Extension. Aim of this workshop is to discuss the experiences with the harmonized version of a CityGML EnergyADE, further needs and other development tools like libraries for wide spread use in the development of applications in the energy sector and the discussion of working results already reached.
This 3rd EnergyADE workshop will take place as a follow up of the 2014 workshops on the 12th of May, 2015 at CSTB in Sophia Antipolis, France. Further information on the venue can be found here: Venue.
In the recent years many research groups, companies, and users intensively worked with CityGML on energy topics. In order to promote the use of CityGML in the energy sector e.g. for individual, quarter wide or city wide computations and simulations a coordinated and harmonized version of a EnergyADE has been developed. Participants are invited to communicate their experience with the EnergyADE in short presentations and to introduce their concept or needs for modifications and share their experience gained from practical application of the EnergyADE in projects.
Agenda and Addressed Topics
- TUESDAY, 12 May 2015
Agenda can be download from the following file: Agenda
- 8:30 – 8:45: Arriving and coffee
- 8:45 – 9:00: Welcome address from the organizers – CSTB
- 9:00 – 9:45: Development of the XML Schema of ADE Energy (O. Tournaire - CSTB)
- Presentation of the work realised on the XML Schema of the ADE Energy.
- Process of revision between the XML Schema Technical team and the Working Group
- Use of GitHub for feedbacks and propositions
- 9:45 – 10:45: Compatibility of our latest ADE Energy with other standards and reference projects
- Standard Key performance indicators (Mostafa – TU München).
- European standards of energy demand calculation for building certifications (M. Zirak – HFT Stuttgart)
- INSPIRE "Buildings" Data Specification (P. Cipriano – Sinergis)
- Coffee break
- 11:00 – 12:15: Parallel small group sessions on ADE Energy modules
- Short presentation by the WG Coordinators
- Critical discussion
- Stress tests “What if?”
- Presentation of results of discussion to the general assembly
- 12:15 – 12:45: Demonstration Immersive room “Le Corbusier” and software EveCity
- Lunch break
- 14:00 – 15:30: Results and feedbacks of the implementation of the 1st ADE Energy release in urban modelling and simulation platforms
- Implementation in SimStadt (HFT)
- Implementation in CitySim (EPFL)
- Implementation of Metadata (V. Kraut - MOSS)
- Link ADE Energy to data bases (discussion)
- 15:30 – 16:30: Next steps and conclusion
- Dissemination work and next steps.
- Documentation for new users
- Planning of next meeting
Who should participate
If you are a CityGML user, data producer, software vendor or a
scientist working on energy topics based on CityGML, you are encouraged to
participate in the workshop.
If you are involved in simulations but not yet familiar with CityGML and interested in an interoperable and compatible exchange model for city simulations you are also welcome.
The organizers will contact a number of individuals and groups from which they know about their CityGML activities in the energy sector and ask them for presentations soon if not done.
If you are developers/users of urban energy simulation models or user of the EnergyADE, we would like also to ask you 2-3 slides about your experiences with the model, data or applications. Please send us these slides before the 05th of May (Olivier Tournaire ). We would integrate this information in a comparison study during the morning session (“Review of urban energy models and their data requirements”). .
Because of the number of active participants, we won’t have enough time unfortunately for a presentation from each participant about its recent developments on urban energy model. We rather want to privilege an open discussion after noon. Nevertheless, if you want to send us presentations (pdf format) relevant for the common development of a CityGML ADE Energy, we will release them on this wiki.
Registration is necessary. Please send a mail with Name / Company / Mail Adress to Olivier Tournaire.
Be aware that the number of participant is limited. Deadline for registration: 05-05-2015.
Costs of participation
The event is sponsored by CSTB. Hence,
participation is free of charge including coffee breaks and a lunch buffet.
Costs for travel and accommodation will be at the participants own expense.
|Olivier Tournaire||Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment Sophia Antipolis|
|Volker Coors, Romain Nouvel||Hochschule fuer Technik Stuttgart|
|Greg Buehler||Open Geospatial Consortium|
|Egbert Casper||SIG 3D of the Geodata Infrastructure Germany|